- 2010: Professor, Department of Physics, Bar-Ilan University.
- Aug. 2008- Feb. 2009: Visiting scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology sabbatical with Prof. Silbey.
- 2007: Associate Prof. Department of Physics, Bar-Ilan University.
- 2004-2007: Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics, Bar-Ilan University.
- 2002-2005: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of NotreDame.
- 1998-2002: Post-doctoral fellow at the School of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology with Prof. Silbey.
Awards and Academic Honors
- Receipt of M.Sc. summa cum laude.
- Receipt of Ph.D. summa cum laude.
- Yeshiahu Horowitz Science of Complexity Fellowship (2004).
- Krill prize for excellence in scientific research selected by the Wolf Foundation (2006).
- The Michael Bruno Memorial Award funded by Yad Hanadiv (2009).
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award selected by the Alexander von Humboldt foundation (2011).
- Ludwig Maximilians universit ̈at Munich Center for Nanoscience publication award ̈ (2011).
- Academic cooperation award Alexander von Humboldt foundation (2018) (roughly 12000 Euro).
- Best lecturer award, Bar-Ilan Physics Department, (2019).
- Bar-Ilan Rector’s prize for scientific innovation (5000 NIS) (2020).
- R. Metzler, E. Barkai, and J. Klafter, Anomalous Diffusion and Relaxation Close to Thermal Equilibrium: A Fractional Fokker-Planck Equation Approach Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 3563 (1999).
- G. Bel, E. Barkai Weak Ergodicity Breaking in the Continuous-Time Random Walk Phys. Rev. Lett. 94 240602 (2005).
- F. D. Stefani, J. P. Hoogenboom, and E. Barkai Beyond Quantum Jumps: Blinking Nano-scale Light Emitters Physics Today 62 nu. 2, p. 34 (February 2009).
- E. Barkai, Y. Garini and R. Metzler Strange Kinetics of Single Molecules in the Cell Physics Today 65(8), 29 (2012).
- N. Leibovich, A. Dechant, E. Lutz, and E. Barkai Aging Wiener-Khinchin theorem and critical exponents of 1/f β noise Phys. Rev. E. 94, 052130 (2016).
- H. Friedman, D. Kessler, and E. Barkai Quantum walks: the first detected passage time problem Phys. Rev. E. 95, 032141 (2017).
- E. Aghion, D. A. Kessler, and E. Barkai From Non-normalizable Boltzmann-Gibbs statistics to infinite-ergodic theory Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 010601 (2019)
- EB and Stas Burov Packets of diffusing particles exhibit universal exponential tails Physical Review Letters 124, 060603 (2020).
Advisory Committees, Editorial Boards, Professional
- Advisory Committee of International SigmaPhi Conference on Statistical Physics. Orthodox Academy of Crete, Greece (2008), Larnaka Cyprus (2011) Rhodes (2014) Corfu (2017).
- Scientific committee the seventh International Workshop on Applied Probability IWAP Jerusalem (2012).
- Steering committee for bi-annual meeting on fractional differentiation and its applications (2012-…).
- Editorial Board of the International Journal of Statistical Mechanics, Hindawi Publishing Corporation (2013-2015)
- Member of the institute for complex adaptive matter (ICAM consurium) (2013-…).
- Member of the research council of the Hugo Steinhaus center Wrocklaw Poland (2013- 2016).
- Editorial Board and Associate Editor Chaos, Solitons and Fractals: the interdisciplinary journal of nonlinear science, and nonequilibrium and complex phenomena. Grigolini, Boccaletti, Courbage chief editors (2014-2015).
- Guest editor, Fractional Dynamics special issue J. Stat. Mech. Theory and Experiment (JSTAT) (2014).
- Chairperson Statistical Physics Session, Israel Physical Society meeting (2014).
- Programme committee: International conference Stochastic Modeling of Anomalous Dynamics in Complex Physical and Biological Systems, Wrocklaw (2015).
- Editorial board Journal of Statistical Mechanics: theory and experiments (2015-….).
- Advisory Committee of the UPoN Conference series (2017-..).
- Editorial board of Entropy section statistical physics (2020-..).
- Editorial board of the soon launched ChemPhysMater (2020-..).
- Guest editor Proceeding of the National Academy of Science USA (2020),
- London Mathematical Laboratory Fellowship (2020-..).